Doctoral Academy Mandatory Training Programme
Our training programme is delivered in partnership with the University's Researcher Development Team and provides foundation and intermediate level training at key stages of your postgraduate research degree to ensure timely completion, generic skills development and increased future employability.
- Export Control
- First Year: Life as a PGR Student (FBMH) Doctoral Academy Induction
- Starting PGR in BMH
- PGR Student Health and Safety Induction Mandatory Module 1
- PGR Student Health and Safety Induction Module 5 - Off-campus work (including fieldwork)
- Research Integrity Training
- Preparing for your Annual Review/Continuation Report in Biology, Medicine and Health
- Driving Your Dissertation: Project, Time and Self-Management
- Planning and Writing your Thesis
- Preparing for Viva in BMH
The training programmes listed below are not mandatory for students on Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work pathways.
- PGR Student Health and Safety Induction Module 2 - Working in labs/workshop
- PGR Student Health and Safety Induction Module 3 - Chemical Risk Assessment
- PGR Student Health and Safety Induction Module 4 – Biosafety
If any training that you have completed doesn't show up on your training catalogue within a week of you completing it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any issues with eProg, contact your administrator in the Doctoral Academy.
If your Blackboard Health and Safety modules still aren't showing ten working days after completion, please contact the Doctoral Academy: FBMH.email@example.com.